Coconut Curry Fiddleheads & Chicken
3 tbsp. olive oil
4 tbsp. curry powder
4 boneless chicken breast; cut in thick julienne
8oz. NorCliff Farm Inc. fresh fiddleheads or 10oz frozen fiddleheads
1-1/2oz. carrots julienne
2 cloves of minced garlic
4tbsp. sweetened coconut
salt and pepper to taste
- Boil fresh or frozen fiddleheads for approximately 8 minutes.
- In large saucepan, heat oil. While heating, add 2 tsp of curry powder to hot oil.
- In separate saucepan sauté onion, carrots and garlic until tender
- When the oil is heated, turn down the heat to medium-high, add chicken and cook for 2 minutes.
- When the chicken is perfectly seared and has taken the colour of the curry (yellowish green colour), add fiddleheads and carrots.
- Then add rest of curry powder and sweetened coconut flakes, stir well and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Finish off with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve Immediately.
Makes 4-6 servings